CBD is gaining extensive popularity, as more and more people have already started incorporating CBD products in multiple ways into their daily life. Besides oral administration of CBD, one of the other routes receiving more attention from science and users is the topical application of cannabinoids.
The skin is the largest organ in our body. Hence taking care of the skin is a daily routine that demands patience, effort, and equally important, knowledge to choose the right products. As a result, people have started to seek newer alternatives to keep the skin natural, healthy, and feeling refreshed.
Several studies on skin research assert the role of phytonutrients found in plants as a vital ingredient with the potential of protecting the skin against several disorders. One of the most talked-about is cannabidiol, (CBD) a natural phytonutrient found in cannabis plants. CBD is gaining more interest and attention for its value in several cosmetic formulations, including skincare and haircare.
At Nordic Oil, our commitment to establishing awareness, educating people, and making CBD more accessible is at the forefront of our ethos and resonates in our high-quality and innovative products.
We recommend taking some time to read, understand and make informed decisions while buying Nordic Oil CBD products.
Below is a detailed summary of our CBD skincare line.
What is CBD?
CBD is one of the ‘cannabinoids’ that is naturally present in the cannabis plant.
In simple words, ‘cannabinoids’ are active chemical compounds that are present in many plants, for example in Acmella oleracea, Coneflower, Pepper or strawflower. However, the term cannabinoid is being popularly associated only with the cannabis plant. Cannabidiol (CBD) is the name of one such cannabinoid.
So far, research has discovered more than 500 natural chemical ingredients from cannabis. But, less than a hundred have been identified. Among them, Cannabidiol (CBD) and Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are the most familiar and extensively studied. CBD does not exhibit psychoactive effects, whereas THC does because their molecular structures are aligned differently.
Benefits of CBD
Our CBD skincare range offers CBD products for cosmetic purposes that balance beauty and well-being.
The discussion about CBD and its potential benefits for skincare is a hot topic, but there are a lot of mixed opinions.
For example, let’s start by considering some general aspects,
Scientific: What does scientific research conclude about the effects of CBD-infused cream on skincare?
Currently, clinical studies on CBD are only available on oral, inhaled, or injected administration methods and their effects. Therefore research on the therapeutic potential of topical applications of CBD is just beginning to gain interest and attention.
Business: Why is there an upsurge of CBD skin care products everywhere?
- Relaxation of legal restrictions on Industrial hemp and legalisations of cannabis products for medical and recreational purposes in different nations and states.
- Growing curiosity leading to new CBD users
- Confident regular users of cannabis sharing their experiences on social media.
- Modern society has helped reduce the stigma surrounding the 'stoner' cliché of cannabis. As a result, research and development have expanded into deriving new forms of cannabis, isolating individual compounds, and inquiring about the vast therapeutic benefits of CBD.
Hence, all of the above aspects together contribute to a rise in demand and supply of cannabis products. As a result, we have access to plenty of anecdotal evidence from users.
Now, having steered clear from misconceptions, let us look at some quality traits of CBD that show promising potential for skincare.
CBD skin care
Anti-inflammatory: Irritated skin and pimples are common signs of rosacea, a chronic inflammatory skin condition that appears on the face. Most importantly, studies assert that unattended inflammation exerts pressure on the skin and could accelerate the aging process.
Antioxidant: Bad diet, obesity, alcohol addiction, exposure to harmful chemicals, and pollution affect the skin on a day-to-day basis and lead to cumulative oxidative stress. Negligence of skincare leads to chronic inflammation or skin diseases.
Soothing and moisturising: The lipophilic nature of CBD complements and combines with a host of nourishing active ingredients such as aloe vera, argan oil, castor oil, avocado oil, shea butter, vitamins A, E, and F, and antibacterial agents that prevents dryness and leaves the skin enriched.
For example, our regenerating Night Cream contains argan oil that helps prevent skin aging and aids in keeping the skin supple and soft.
Balancing and calming the skin from within is vital in skincare. Often the root cause of acne and skin breakouts are hormonal imbalances that result in the overproduction of oil. Well-documented reports from studies detail out the interaction of cannabinoids and the endocrine system that demonstrate the potential of CBD in regulating hormonal imbalances.
Why is CBD good for your skin?
The exact way CBD works in the human body is still being studied and analysed. Scientists comprehend that CBD could have a role in encouraging the body to produce more of its own endocannabinoids to attain homeostasis. And we know that homeostasis is essential to balance our mood, happiness, and overall activity.
But making sure the body is maintaining a natural balance is indeed challenging. Multiple factors could trigger an imbalance, leading to health conditions.
For example, an altered response from the immune system could lead to inflammatory skin disorders. Eczema or Atopic Dermatitis is typical of a chronic inflammatory skin condition caused due to environmental triggers, damaged skin barrier function, microbiome imbalance, etc. Likewise, psoriatic plaques also indicate chronic inflammation and keratinocyte hyperproliferation.
- In short,
- The antiproliferative (suppressing the growth of infectious cells) properties of phytocannabinoids on human keratinocytes and their potential in modulating inflammatory responses is a crucial area of study that intrigues dermatologists and scientists.
- Topical administration of CBD in the form of lotions, creams, balms, or serums without any THC could be a non-invasive alternative to deriving benefits from non-psychoactive natural ingredients.
- The skin needs to constantly cope with external complexities such as heat, cold, light, pollution and simultaneously maintain a balanced release of melanin, sebum, sweat, etc. Hence a skincare regime that balances the inner and outer needs is essential.
How to use CBD on the skin?
Using CBD on the skin is a hassle-free process. It is non-psychoactive and does not get you high, as our CBD skincare products are free from tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
Based on your needs, CBD skin care products come in the form of facial creams and serums infused with natural skin-enriching ingredients. You may use these face creams easily along with your daily makeup too.
- As always, just like using any other creams, clean your face and neck and gently massage with the required quantity. Some skin types may require a generous application of cream due to dryness. Hence, a liberal massage with creams could provide a soothing and calming experience.
- More importantly, when it comes to attending to the part of the skin around the eye, an Eye cream could go a long way. Cleanse the eye area, pat dry, and dot the cream around your eyes. Gently massage into the skin, using the tips of your fingers. Avoid direct contact with eyes.
- You must have come across or read about the benefits of acupuncture as an effective adjunct therapy for several conditions. This popular alternative therapy recommends massaging around the eyes every day as a simple but powerful self-care regime to keep several eye-related issues at bay.
- Moreover, studies say that the main cell types sensitive to environmental stressors are keratinocytes cells in the epidermis. Although these cells originate in the deepest layer of the skin, they are found in the outermost layer representing about 90% of the cells.
The skin acts as a barrier to protect us from heat, cold and harmful chemicals by not letting them penetrate deep into the skin. But continuous exposure could damage these layers. Hence, to keep these outer protective layers functioning well, it is our responsibility to maintain them.
Redefining Beauty: Balancing and Calming
- Use a Day cream containing powerful antioxidants to shield the skin from the damaging oxidation and keep you fresh and radiant.
- When it comes to night care for skin, a caring effect with a natural fragrance could invigorate your senses and motivate you for a pleasant sleep. For this purpose, a Night cream contains Vitamin A, E, along with the key ingredient argan oil provides an enriched soothing experience, making your skin feel soft, supple as well as preventing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Yet another sign of aging is the condition of the feet, especially on the soles. This is because physiological changes affect joints, bones, and tendons. A common problem that affects most people is the depletion of collagen and this could lead to cracked heels or calluses.
- In fact, pain in the lower back, hip, or knee could be a sign of feet-related issues. The best way to handle this is the daily application of Foot cream that is enriched with camphor. This CBD and camphor combination in the product acts as a moisturiser to soothe the wounds of cracked feet at the same time, providing an antibacterial effect.
Is it suitable for all skin types?
Well, an instinctual approach would best suit this question. One of the most inspiring properties of CBD is that users can access it according to their needs. In other words, the one size fits all formula does not work with CBD. Users should choose the best method of application for their personal needs so that their body absorbs cannabidiol effectively.
However, when it comes to CBD and skincare, the synergic effects of vitamins, natural oils, fragrances, and CBD together deliver their positive benefits. But this process may vary based on how sensitive your skin is. Evaluate your skin type and establish whether it is normal, dry, oily, or a combination of the above. Therefore, adapt your choice of CBD product depending on your skin type.
We are familiar that a basic facial skincare regime includes cleansing, exfoliating, toning, and moisturising. But sensitive dry skin types should avoid exfoliating but regularly treat the skin with a moisturiser.
For example, our Day cream helps the skin stay fresh with the right moisture as it gets absorbed quickly. On the other hand, our Facial Serum might suit all skin types and can be used along with our other facial creams and makeup. So, there is a suitable product for every skin type.
Additionally, a combination of natural, social, and habitual factors such as climate, water, occupation, lifestyle, food, and hygiene also affects the beauty and wellness of your skin.
Moreover, altering your skincare routine based on your daily outdoor activities could help protect skin barrier functions. For example, people who are frequently exposed to the harmful rays of the sun may find CBD Day cream to be handy. The SPF 15 and the antioxidants in the cream protect the skin from getting damaged. CBD cream infused with Vitamin C and E helps the skin appear fresh and balances oxidative stress.
Is it legal?
In the UK and Ireland, CBD oil with a THC content below 0.2% is legal to buy and sell. Naturally, our CBD oil contains less than 0.2% THC.
The popularity of CBD oil is rapidly growing in the UK and Ireland. CBD is easily accessible for incorporating into your daily diet or for cosmetic purposes. Moreover, users are experientially discovering the wide-ranging benefits of CBD.
Skin wellness: Quick takeaways
CBD skincare products do not contain psychotropic properties and can be conveniently used on the face, lips, feet, hands, around the eyes, and overall on the skin. Check out our full product range here.
CBD infused cream, balm, and serum is becoming a popular choice for skincare because more and more users are experiencing its positive properties.
Antioxidants are essential to protect the skin from oxidative stress and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. For example, a water-soluble antioxidant such as vitamin C acts as a natural defense against skin damage and keeps it youthful.
CBD skin care products blended with skin-friendly ingredients are a good alternative to people seeking beauty and balance from within.
Every hand-picked natural ingredient used in our skincare range combines with CBD to provide an overall soothing effect.
While choosing CBD topicals determine what your skin needs. Dry skin might need an effective moisturiser as well as soothe irritations, itching, and flaking.
Cracked feet and wounds on the soles should not be left unattended as they are a sign of aging. Practice timely care along with the right CBD product of your choice.